If you use Autotask on a Mac, we hope you have been using our Open Ticket Detail service for Mac OS X. The Open Ticket Detail service makes it easy to go to Autotask’s Ticket Detail window from any Mac application as long as you have the ticket number. Today, we’re releasing version 2 of the Open Ticket Detail workflow.
Version 2 works with recurring ticket numbers as well as non-recurring ticket numbers. Non-recurring ticket numbers have this format:
Recurring ticket numbers have an additional period and 3-digit number at the end:
Open Ticket Detail version 2 can open non-recurring tickets like T20131009.0011 and recurring tickets like T20131009.0011.004.
Installing The Service
1) Download the OpenTicketDetailv2 file.
2) Unzip the file.
3) Double-click on ”Open Ticket Detail v2.workflow” to open it and choose “Open with Automator”.
4) Toward the end of the script, the number 5 in “ww5.autotask.net” refers to the America West Autotask zone. You must use your company’s Autotask zone number in the URL in the ExecuteCommand; that is, in the code provided, replace the # in ww# with the zone number that appears in your Autotask URL.
5) Save and quit Automator.
6) Double-click on ”Open Ticket Detail v2.workflow” again, but this time choose “Install” to install the service.
Using The Service
1) Highlight an Autotask ticket number in any Mac application. Autotask Ticket Numbers take the format TYYYYMMDD.#### such as T20130730.0024. You must highlight the entire Autotask ticket number. Do not highlight any of the spaces before or after the ticket number.
2) Click on the application menu to the right of the Apple menu and choose Services > Open Ticket Detail.
3) In some applications, you can right click on the highlighted text and then select ”Open Ticket Detail” from the contextual menu, e.g.:
Please let us know if you find the Open Ticket Detail service useful!
Brightsource IT is an Information Technology provider located in St. Louis, Missouri. We have been providing complete IT management and tech support for small and medium businesses since 2004. As members of the Apple Consultants Network, we also provide Mac and iOS management training to corporate IT departments.